Obinary CMS OpenSource
Feature list :
Version :1 (very basic)
- System treats all users as Anonymous
Page generation (text based)
- Page creating with selected template (user interface)
- Content editing within page (basic text and image editing tools)
- Possibility to create 'n' dynamic container lists (multiple components / multiple paragraphs).
- Image upload (page related or shared images which could be uploaded to the image db)
- File upload (same as image)
- Easy editing for multiple sites, multi lingual sites.
- Easy sharing of content and JSP's within different templates and content pages
- Site structure is not dependent on language or multiple sites , its entirely up to the authors
- Standard API to create and retrieve content, specified structure.. but not restricted to or dependent on any specific implementation (API handling content storage and retrieval in a heirarchical structure)
- Servlets or JSP templates
- Templates would represent only a way to store and retrieve/display data
- Content caching (text / image)
- Independent to any implementation, authors will be able to push/activate content to various locations
- Not limited to any number of stages
- Admin and live sites could be 2 separate stages
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Sameer found the first feature list for Magnolia. This must have been nearly 3 years ago now (I think we started coding in March 2003). As the chinese proverb goes "A journey of thousand miles starts with the first step" - enjoy!